POSITION: Senior Accountant
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities Accounting
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Senior Accountant for SMG – DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. The Senior Accountant assists in the development and implementation of company goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and implement all financial reporting, including:
- Prepare financial statements for the Client and SMG Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Direct the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses
- Analyze financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements
- Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues
- Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls
- Coordinates corporate reports of monthly performances
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures
- Monitors SMG compliance with all provisions of the management contract
- Reviews contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements and sales journals
- Reviews and executes all deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements
- Reviews all purchasing, office supplies and facility supplies
- Directs the installation and maintenance of any new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel
- Prepares month end adjusting entries
- Assist with managing accounts payable and receivable.
Assists in the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the finance department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- B. S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in public accounting and/or financial management
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
- Strong supervisory skills
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll systems desirable
- Solomon knowledge a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of statistical and other financial records and information.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com and apply thru the job-specific link:
Applications for this position will be accepted 7/29/19 until filled.
Human Resources Manager
DCU Center / SMG
50 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 508-755-6800.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.