POSITION: IT and Technology Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for an IT and Technology Manager for SMG /DCU Center who supervises, directs, plans, schedules, and monitors various computer, network, and telephone equipment and services for SMG Worcester.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following points outline specific duties and responsibilities required for the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be required and/or assigned.
- Supervise full-time, part-time, contractual computing and phone staff. Properly schedule staff to cover facility operating hours in an efficient and effective manner. Assign specific work tasks and monitor progress as to timeliness and quality of results.
- Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all of the other departments.
- Develop, implement, document and maintain effective facility maintenance policies, procedures and programs, including preventative maintenance on all computer software, computer hardware and all phone systems directly and/or in conjunction with 3rd party contractors.
- Oversee and provide proper control and care of computer and phone inventories of supplies, spare parts, shop tools and equipment.
- Oversee related contracted maintenance agreements. Assist in developing bid specifications, renewal agreements, and manage all other related items to ensure that acceptable and quality performance levels are achieved.
- Work with Event Services to facilitate computing and phone needs of the clients. This includes setting pricing, billing procedures and cost controls of these services.
- Develops an emergency action plan for system malfunctions or breakdowns; develops corrective actions and solutions.
- Ensures proper utilization of the work order and SMG maintenance manager systems.
- Ensures adherence to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes.
Oversees part time assigned union personnel who may be required to assist in the performance of certain duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- College diploma in the Information Systems field or equivalent professional work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a hospitality environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge in the methods, techniques and procedures to repair and maintain all relevant computer and phone related materials for both office staff and to meet the individual requirements of events for SMG Worcester. Prior event/hospitality IT experience is preferred.
- Training and experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting PCs in a Microsoft Windows Environment. Experience with Microsoft Windows (7,8,10), Office (2012, 2016, 365), and Windows Active Directory printing.
- Enterprise-level network specific training and experience. Skill with Cisco Catalyst Switches, ASRs, and Aironet Wireless Systems is preferred.
- Windows Server environment training and experience. Skill with Active Directory (Microsoft Server 2008-2016). Additional Microsoft Exchange/Exchange Online experience is preferred.
- Experience with industry-standard threat prevention practices. (Anti-Virus, Spam Filtering, Enterprise Firewalls, etc.)
- Understand and be capable of ensuring that all laws, building codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management and emergency procedures are followed.
- Be familiar with the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budget preparation and purchasing.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Work independently and demonstrate the ability to exercise effective judgment and initiative.
- Communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule, and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Must work irregular/extended hours including night, weekend, and holidays as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires heavy lifting, climbing, carrying, stooping, and crawling in potentially adverse conditions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com for further information and apply thru the job-specific link.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-755-6800.
Accepting applications from 8/29/2019 until filled.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor