POSITION: Group Sales and Premium Seats Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Salaried + Incentives
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for a Group Sales Coordinator for the DCU Center in Worcester, MA. The Group Sales and Premium Seats Coordinator will assist the Director of Marketing in the development and execution of sales efforts directed towards generating revenue through group ticket packages and premium seating options.
Proactively develops and pursues new leads to support the sale of group tickets and premium seat options for family shows, sporting events, concerts, comedy and other DCU Center events. Outreach to include but not limited to: prospecting, solicitation, cold calling, visits, email campaigns and other grassroots efforts in conjunction with appropriate target audiences to introduce and sell the event in advance of its general sale
- Strategically employs consistent outreach with current and previous sales contacts to ensure all are informed of group discounts, incentives, and premium seat options available for upcoming DCU Center events
- Oversees the development and implementation of print, web, and email marketing collateral promoting groups and premium seat options in conjunction with event promoter
- Provides exceptional support to event promoters and group sales coordinators for all major touring properties
- Researches group target audiences prior to each event
- Forecasts success of group sales markets for each event
- Creates timeline of group sales event efforts: creative/promotional materials, mailings, payment deadlines, etc.
- Constructs show settlement package for group sales and turns in to supervisor
- Creates cross accounts with Advertising Sales Manager and assists in premium seating sales
- Ensures output of mailings, communication and collection of payments as well as ticket distribution
- Upselling for concession packages and other show/venue assets as well as fulfillment on deliverables before, during and after events
- Upselling concession packages and pre-show banquets
- Provides quality service to groups and premium seat customers on the day of the event
- Maintains a current awareness of effective industry ticket sales strategies
- Completes other duties assigned
- Sales-driven, passionate and motivated to execute strategies to meet or exceed sales goals
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi task.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good work ethic.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum two years sales related experience. Prior ticket sales experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com and apply thru the job-specific link:
Accepting applications from 2/1/2019 until filled.
Human Resources Manager
DCU Center / SMG
50 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 508-755-6800.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.