POSITION: Facility Utility Worker I
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
FLSA STATUS: non-exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Facility Technician for the DCU Center, Worcester, MA 01608.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for monitoring, repairing and maintaining the facility property with a high concentration in painting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned including but not limited to light repairs, organizational duties, runner, etc.
- General repairs to walls, floors, windows, doors and various equipment typically in preparation for painting – spackling, sanding, caulking, etc.
- Provide for replace of equipment with attic stock where applicable – chairs, etc.
- Assist with setups, inventory, and other projects where applicable.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the preventative maintenance and other standard operating procedures to ensure the venue is in highest presentation level.
- Record and log all work performed, complete work order slips and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of spare parts and supplies, prepare requisition forms for purchases and pick up supplies and materials from vendors.
Supervisory Responsibilities – None.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires the candidate to:
- Possess knowledge in methods, principles and practices required for the repair and maintenance of commercial facilities generally excluding mechanical equipment.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Provide for the proper use of all tools, equipment and methodology for operation and maintenance of venue equipment.
- Read and comprehend drawings and other related materials.
- Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Meet the physical demands of this job which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing machines, snow removal equipment (Bobcat) and light power driven equipment.
- Computer skills required including but not limited to Microsoft office, excel, and outlook; and other related standard office equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently and exercise proper judgement to handling incidents and routing matters.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, co-workers, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. or vocational training and at minimum of five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificate Licenses, Registrations
Current driver’s license required.
Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
The position requires the ability to work flexible hours based on the event schedule. The position will be exposed to various hazards including but not limited to extreme noise, electrical shock, falls, cuts, bruises and burns. Both interior and exterior work is required. Moderate lifting, at least 75 pounds, and/or strenuous working conditions including walking on ice, bending, stooping, climbing (inclusive of ladders), must be able to work from scaffolding and at heights of up to 130 feet. Required to understand and utilize protective equipment as may be needed for a specific task.
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com for further information and apply thru the job-specific link.
50 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-755-6800.
Accepting applications from 7/29/2019 until filled.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor