Employment Type: Full-time
POSITION: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for the Executive Assistant at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA.
- Manages General Manager correspondence including reviewing routing to the proper individual, composing routine responses, drafts various letters and documents for review
- Organizes and maintains file system including both paper and electronic files
- Answers and screens General Manager's telephone calls and arranges conference calls
- Responds to routine inquiries and basic customer service issues as policy directs
- Coordinates General Manager's schedule when necessary
- Greets scheduled visitors and directs to appropriate area or person
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations
- Conducts research, compiles and types statistical reports
- Completes monthly facility reports
- Coordinates and arranges executive staff meeting, Civic Center Commission Meetings and other meetings
- Prepares agendas, reserves and prepares meeting locations and records/transcribes minutes of meetings
- Manages all contracts for both the Arena and Convention Center including the creation, dissemination, follow-up for return and follow-up directly or in conjunction with Finance and Event department for deposits, insurance or other contractual obligations
- Manages VIP databases including the preparation and dissemination of regular weekly, monthly and annual communications
- Responsible for all entertainment licenses including coordination with Finance for payment of such licenses
- Interfaces with other departments on a daily basis for General Manager inquiries and projects
- Assists with special projects such as employee outings, neighborhood meetings, venue anniversary celebrations, etc.
- Supports various executive team members (Directors) as needed and specifically for travel coordination
- Provides for local delivery at walkable locations when needed
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree and two years related administrative support experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- General computer research skills preferred
- Experience in live event environment a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to type at least 55 wpm
- Ability to use all office equipment, computer, calculator, fax machines and copy machines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to handle multiples tasks at a time in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Good problem solving abilities and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a confidential environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility and to talk, hear, sit and stand for long periods of time. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com and apply thru the job-specific link:
To be considered for any open position, you must complete the application process completely through the link provided. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-929-0114.
50 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
Accepting applications from 11/20/2019 until filled.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor