DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has immediate openings for Bartenders at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA 01608. These are PART-TIME, event related positions.
- This position is responsible for providing high quality customer service during all events, to achieve customer satisfaction and accurate accounting of all transactions, including inventory.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and services individual beverage locations
- Enforce all liquor laws
- Maintain proper sanitation of work area
- Follow proper safety practices in the work area
- Provide pleasant and efficient service to customers
- Reports to Food and Beverage Personnel in appropriate uniform, for assigned location
- Prepares all beverage items for sale in the stations
- Sells to customers, charging amount indicated on SMG price list
- Receives and properly handles cash and/or tickets
- Accurately verifies all cash and liquor inventory with supervisor
- Verifies cash register is programmed properly, according to SMG approved sales process
- Follows Bar Procedures and regulations which apply to the beverage operations and the SMG FOOD and Beverage Division
- Requests identification for every guest purchasing alcohol
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Food and Beverage Manager
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have basic working knowledge of bar operation
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance
- Must be TIPS or LEAD Certified
Skills and Abilities
- Must have ability to take directions and effectively perform the work
- Must have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money
- Must have basic working knowledge of cash register and cash handling procedures
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of shift
- Must be able to carry and lift, according to industry standards
- Must speak and understand English well enough to read and understand safety policies and procedures converse with customers, supervisors and employees
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
Must be at least 21 years of age
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position requires stooping and lifting. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. to waist.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cash handling positions require a background check.
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com and apply thru the job-specific link:
To be considered for any open position, you must complete the application process completely through the link provided. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-929-0114.
50 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
Accepting applications from 6/18/19 until filled.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor