POSITION: Barback / Runner
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has several openings for Barback at the DCU Center, Worcester, MA 01608. These are part-time, event based positions. No set schedules or hours.
Ensure bars and bar service areas are maintained, replenished and clean at all times. Have knowledge of bar supplies and inventory. Ensure client and guest satisfaction. All duties are to be performed in accordance with Massachusetts State laws and regulations as well as Company policies, practices and procedures. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide total guest satisfaction through skilled and capable service in accordance with DCU Center/ASM Global standards.
- Complete tasks related to stocking, replenishing, cleaning, maintenance and preparation of beverages
- Move and assemble portable bars
- Set up and break down Appetize systems, cash drawers and printers
- Maintain and stock adequate supplies of bar items such as glasses, cups, napkins, drink supplies, ice, condiments, etc. Prepare food items needed in the preparation of drinks
- Clean and polish bar, counters, shelves and equipment
- Comply with inventory control measures
- Return all product and equipment to proper storage location or dish room
- Remove all trash and recyclables from bar areas and dispose of properly
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized and stocked work area following sanitation standards
- Maintain professional relationship with all coworkers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- 1-2 years' experience in food and/or bar service desired
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills and Abilities
- Good oral communication skills and the ability to read write and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent hospitality and customer service skills, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Demonstrate mature judgment and professionalism in handling all matters.
- Able to understand directives and utilize basic mathematical skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ServSafe certification a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift and carry up to 75 pounds at a time, perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
Hours of Work
- Flexible part-time schedule including some long shifts, nights, weekends and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com and apply thru the job-specific link:
To be considered for any open position, you must complete the application process completely through the link provided. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-929-0114.
50 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
Accepting applications from 10/9/19 until filled.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor