The Massachusetts Pirates, an IFL (Indoor Football League) team, kicked off their 3rd active season (4th year as a team , but season 3 was delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic) on May 22nd at Phoenix Field at the DCU Center.
10 fast facts about the season so far (as of 6/9/2021, 3 home games in)
1. This is the teams first year in the IFL. The IFL has 13 teams across the country - check 'em out here: https://goifl.com/
2. The Pirates games air on NESN & NEXT Level Sports.
3. Blue Steel DrumLine out of Connecticut welcomes fans out on the plaza & then creates an energetic atmosphere inside the game.
4. ARRRRRRthur, the mascot, LOVES to be around the community. He is often spotted all year round giving back to different organizations around Central Massachusetts.
5.If you buy your tickets on either of the end zones (sections 220-222, 202, 201,240 ) chances are ... you could go home with a football! If a player kicks it past the field goal and it lands at your seat.. it's YOURS!
6. The Pirates love their young fans - which is why they created FAN ZONE , an interactive way to show your pride! Crossword puzzles, Wallpaper backgrounds, Read Alongs, and Downloadable Activities are all available here: Kids Fan Zone
7. For the first game (5/22), Covid-19 restrictions were in place - but, by game 2 on June 5th, The Pirates were able to welcome fans back into the arena with very limited restrictions.
8. See a player you love? Get their autograph! The Pirates welcome fans onto the field for 15 minutes after the 4th quarter is over for autographs and photos.
9. The Pirates have a hands-on Internship program where you can learn what it's like to work in sports, gain game day experience, and learn about the function of a front office. Interested? Contact them HERE.
10. The Pirates have only played two home games so far.. which means you have six more chances to catch the team at the DCU Center. Get your tickets HERE.