Chef Gary of SAVOR...Catering by SMG whipped up an old colonial recipe for the holidays! Read on to learn how to create your own Marlborough Pudding.
This is one of Chef Gary's favorite holiday recipes to make -- you can prepare it with apples alone, but he likes to add rhubarb for extra flavor! Enjoy this old-fashioned pudding pie with family and friends this Thanksgiving.
6 tablespoons butter
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup stewed, pureed apples
1/2. Cup stewed, Pureed rhubarb
3/4 cup sherry
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 recipe for pie crust
2 teaspoons fresh grated nutmeg clove
1. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
2. Squeeze lemon and remove seeds.
3. Add lemon to stewed apples, sherry, cream, and sugar and mix well.
4. Add melted butter to mixture, blending well.
5. Beat eggs and add to mixture.
6. Prepare pastry and line deep, 8-inch pie plate.
7. Season with grated nutmeg and spoon mixture into prepared pie plate.
8. Bake 15 minutes at 400°F. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 45 minutes more or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Happy Thanksgiving from Chef Gary and the DCU Center!